Did you know that how well you see with glasses is not only limited to the accuracy of your doctor’s prescription? It is also greatly limited by the quality of eyewear you choose. To ensure your best vision, Specs Eye Care offers only the highest quality optical solutions. By using the newest technology and precision manufacturing techniques, we ensure you can see to your fullest potential.
Our experienced staff will spend the necessary time in order to assess your needs and obtain all of the necessary measurements in order to optimize your vision.
Specs Eye Care tries to make choosing your prescription lenses as simple and straightforward as possible. Below are some of our most popular choices:
- Single vision lenses provide the same correction over the entire area of the lens.
- Bifocal lenses correct for presbyopia (the inability of the eye to focus up close). This design has an area for distance vision at the top and a smaller area of near vision at the bottom with a visible “line” between the two zones.
- Trifocal lenses correct for presbyopia (the inability of the eye to focus up close). This design has an area for distance vision at the top, intermediate (arm’s length), and a smaller area of near vision at the bottom with two visible “lines” between the zones of vision.
- Progressive lenses (also known as “no-line bifocals”) correct for presbyopia (the inability of the eye to focus up close). This design transitions corrective power from top to bottom, restoring clear vision at all distances.There is no visible line between the distance and near zones.
- Workstation lenses (also known as “computer” lenses) are designed to alleviate the eye strain and stress experienced with prolonged near tasks.
- Transition lenses change from light to dark when you are outside. They can be made as single vision lenses, bifocals, or progressive lenses.
- Sun lenses are essential to protect yourself from harmful UV rays. Whether you have a prescription or not, sunglasses prevent diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
Regardless of which design you choose:
- We recommend you choose to add a non-glare treatment. It keeps excess light from reflecting off the lenses and into your eyes to reduce eyestrain and fatigue.
- We recommend you choose to add a blue-light blocking treatment if you spend a lot of time using electronic devices.Research has shown that some of the blue light emitted from our screens can damage the cells in our retina. The blue-blocker lens coating will block the specific wavelength of light in order to help prevent damage to your retina.
- All of our lenses block harmful UV rays.
- All of our lenses are protected with a layer of scratch resistance to help decrease the scratches that occur with daily wear.
- All of our lenses are protected under warranty for at least one year.
Please stop in anytime (no appointment needed) and let our dedicated staff help fit you in a pair of eyeglasses that will enhance your vision and your quality of life!